Layday® is stoked to announce that we’ve done away with our cardboard collar packaging.
Using a durable material called Tyvek®, we’ve designed, stitched and engineered our packaging into a little something that’s both useful and re-usable.
Carrykit is a 4.5l gusseted, drawstring closure bag made from the ever durable Tyvek® material, developed by Dupont™.
All Layday® towels are now snugly wrapped in this multipurpose carry bag. This reduces single use packaging waste and increases utility!
A bit about Tyvek®.
Tyvek is a super-durable, lightweight material.
It’s created using HDPE (high density polyethylene) and it boasts a long list of useful qualities.
We like to think Carrykit offer’s endless possibilities for lives in transit.
Here’s a short list of it’s Qualities
- tear resistant
- 100% recyclable (cut and re-purpose the drawcord first)
It’s only early days, but so far we’ve found a heap of uses for our Carrykit’s..
- Carry your water bottle separate from the rest of your things
- Wine bottle tote.
- Toiletries bag
- Slide into your wetsuit using Carrykit as a surf jimmy
- Fill with water - hydrate your dog on the go.
- Lunch bag
- Put your delicate clothing/swimwear in it before throwing in the washer
- Slide your favorite beach book in it to prevent water/sand damage.
Life on the road can get pretty cluttered at times and what’s going to be really cool is seeing our little innovation surprise customers purchasing a layday travel towel.
Get creative and send us some suggestions for Carrykit!